Thursday, April 14, 2016

Final Change of Schedule

I think most members of the seminar could use next week to improve the research and writing of the final seminar paper and presentation, THEREFORE I'm changing the final two weeks in the following way. All of the presentation will take place on the final day of class, April 28. The undergraduates will be allotted fifteen minutes total to give a brief presentation (about ten minutes) and field questions (about five minutes). The graduate student will have slightly longer. All students should upload their presentation to the seminar's shared folder before class begins.  

I strongly recommend that the presenters limit the number of slides to around 10. For your presentation, focus on: 1) Argument, 2) Evidence, 3) Outcome. The same is true for your essay.

Next week will be a work week. Bring your laptops, research notes, etc. I'll also give my presentation on WJ Ibbett, the printer/poet who might have been the serial murderer commonly known as "Jack the Ripper." This will be the first public airing of my theory.



No comments:

Post a Comment